KOEI has stated that everything has been revamped – from characters to stories and weapon system.
Dynasty Warriors 7 is the upcoming installment of the Dynasty Warriors series. At the Tokio Game Show 2010, it was confirmed to be released exclusively on PlayStation 3 because it was the series’s tenth year anniversary and the series had a long history with the Playstation consoles. However, on October 30, 2010, it was announced that an Xbox 360 version would also be released in North America and Europe. Producers also stated that there are no plans for an Xbox release in Asia.
Platforms : Playstation 3, Xbox 360
- The Jin Kingdom will be added. So the major factions will rise it’s number to four (Jin, Shu, Wu, Wei).
- Each character will be allowed to wield more than only one weapon. Some characters will also have special attacks with each weapon.
- The combat system has been revamped, with more attacks and more special attacks.
- Musou Mode will now be Kingdom-Based, not Character-Based.
- Another mode will be introduced – Conquest Mode – . This will introduce an “open-world-China” and “create-your-own-story” story mode gameplay. It will also feature an “Online feature” for the mode.
- Some of the major battles will be split into two parts, so the player will see the battle through different perspectives. (one part played by a character, one part by another)
- There will be no morale bar, but the morale will still affect your and the enemy troops. Morale increases or descreases will be notified by allied officers.
- Swimming and Climbing Ladders is also confirmed as a feature for Dynasty Warriors 7.
- There will also be Unique Weapons, as in the rest of the series but Dynasty Warriors 6.
- The first game to feature support animals (like Elephants and Pandas). They will fight with you, transport you or roam the map, killing for your side.
- The game will also feature Downloadable Content.