Humorous list of reasons why I can’t stand Barney and Friends.
Barney the Dinosaur is very popular with very young children. However, his gleeful personality wears me down after a couple minutes. Here are ten reasons why I hate Barney and Friends.
- Barney the Dinosaur has a laugh that just makes me cringe. It’s not pleasant. It gets on my nerves. It’s about as bad as Pee Wee Herman’s laugh.
- Baby Bop is even more annoying and grating than Barney. I would love to burn her blanket if given the chance.
- Barney sings the same songs over and over again. Enough is enough.
- The “I Love You Song” should be permanently banned from public TV. It drives me crazy. I can’t stand seeing a bunch of kids going up to hug Barney.
- BJ also drives me crazy. He seems too hyper at times. He’s too anxious about everything. I think that he should be put on some form of medication.
- The children act too dumb to be believable. They are also too sweet.
- I use my imagination to think of places that I would like to see Barney go to. Believe me, they are not pleasant. How about landing on some hot coal in India.
- I can’t stand the purple color. I can’t stand his jumping around and dancing.
- Barney always saves the day. He is never wrong about anything. He is too perfect.
- I dream that BJ will be boiled in oil, Baby Bop will be tarred and feathered, and Barney will be sent to the island where the cast of Lost is located. Perhaps the “Others” will do him in.